Health Insurance Enrollment Representative
St. Paul, MN
This posting will be used to fill multiple vacancies
If you previously applied, you do need to reapply
MNsure is seeking to fill various MN Health Insurance Program Representative 1 positions. These positions are temporary/classified positions in the AFSCME union and anticipated to last up to one year in duration. There may be permanent positions available in the future. The anticipated start date is 6/14/2017 with a possible additional class starting on 7/12/2017. The shifts vary to accommodate business operations of the MNsure Contact Center. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 6:15 pm.
These positions support enrollment and eligibility determinations for health care programs for the MNsure State Health Exchange. Determinations of eligibility are made by applying a myriad of interrelated and complex policies and guidelines that are unique to each program, applicant and enrollee and the eligibility and enrollment will be conducted in an online web portal. The incumbent, working in a high volume and data/deadline driven environment with extensive client contact, must be able to research, analyze and discern the appropriate and relevant assistance level that may be required across a variety of public and private options for each applicant/enrollee including the ability to direct problem solve or triage callers into the correct assistance service. The decisions made by the incumbent impact whether or not an applicant becomes enrolled in the health care program(s) or may impact the applicants right to appeal or actively seek benefits or coverage from the qualified health plans in MNsure. The misapplication of policy and errors in eligibility determination impacts health care access for the affected parties as well as the integrity of the program(s).
- Serve as initial contact for people who contact the MNsure Contact Center, requesting information regarding all aspects of enrollment and billing in the Minnesota Health Insurance Exchange.
- Serve as a liaison to other state agency sponsored call centers to assist them in effectively carrying out their responsibilities to callers.
- Respond to all aspects of the enrollment process through the MNsure Health Insurance Exchange.
- Provide to callers or coordinate with other call center representatives at DHS or financial workers at the counties to ensure that callers are appropriately enrolled and qualified beneficiaries’ medical assistance consistent with federal law and the state continuation statute.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Ability to administer policies, procedures, and systems used to make eligibility determinations.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate multiple software applications, databases, as well as possessing data entry skills.
- Ability to use math skills to calculate income using multiple sources of documentation.
- Strong customer service skills and effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, speak and write English well enough to understand, apply and explain complex eligibility policies.
- Quickly adapt to changing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a high volume, deadline-orientated, and accuracy-focused program where performance and production standards must be met.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with a strong work ethic and demonstrated record of regular attendance.
- Knowledge of Minnesota Health Care Programs and experience working with eligibility determinations for the programs.
- Knowledge of Filenet database.
- Knowledge of the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) and MAXIS system (computer system used by state and county workers to manage food and cash assistance, and health care programs).
- Experience managing a caseload.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and the Data Privacy Act.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates must officially apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers.
- Under External Applicants, click the “Get Started” button
- Enter 13242 in Keywords on the Job Search Page
- Click on the Job Posting
- Click on Apply on the bottom of the vacancy announcement on the Job Posting Page
(NOTE: the state job classification for this position is MN Health Insurance Program Representative 1)
For assistance with this process, contact the Website Helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or email@example.com. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT on Friday, May 19th, 2017.